Every good event manager has an event emergency kit – whether they know it, or whether it’s a collection of items stuffed in a handbag or briefcase before a big day! Every kit is different, with festival organisers having pretty different requirements to conference and exhibition planners. Here’s a rundown of some of the essential items I like to have on hand when running an event…
- Safety pins – speaker clothing malfunctions are the stuff of nightmare
- Duct tape – that which cures all ills! Whether it’s mending a broken display board or sticking down a loose carpet tile
- Chargers for phones, tablets, laptops
- Every presentation, on a USB stick
- One backup paper copy of each presentation – in case the worst comes to the worst
- The plethora of spare pens that always come in handy
- Hair grips and ties for those windy days
- Toothpaste/chewing gum
- Coloured markers
As you can probably tell, my events are mostly indoors, with a well-equipped venue and good facilities.
Where do you hold the majority of your events and what would you put in your emergency event kit?